developments on the knitting front


in honour of the girrrlfriends in barcelona, yesterday flatmate apphia and i set out on a trip to the world renowned haberdashery department at john lewis to buy WOOL and NEEDLES.
the hang over from the night before started kicking in as we waited for the bus, and i think we had both forgotten how busy oxford street gets on a saturday afternoon, but we got there in the end... only to be a bit overwhelmed by the choice of colours and textures. we decided to sit down on the floor in front of the wall of wool to have a bit of a think about it, and in the end came up with some good combos.
to practice, we are both starting off with striped scarves. apphia is making one for mr george in grey and a tangy yelllow, and i picked up the brightest colours that make me think of caramelos. sylvie, fuchsia is one of them so the scarf would match your bed ;)

5 Comments:
Can't write much because it's really late and I still have to wash my hair, but I'm really excited about your blog and you getting into knitting again!!!! That is soooooo cool!!!!! Yippeee!!! I'm going to put links to your blog and Lauri's and Sylve's tomorrow, I'm so into this blog thing!!! Anyway, keep putting up photos of your scarf!!! That's really great!!! Gros bisous!!!
Yippee!!! I've put links up to your blog and Sylvie's and Laurie's as well, this is so much fun!!! We have to get Mandy to get one as well! Bisous!
Anna, I meant to ask: what size are those needles??? They look huge! 8? 9? Bigger still?? Imagine I am knitting my little bootees with 2.5! ;-)
er, so i can't really comment on the knitting, but i'm very excited by the blog thing too! great stuff, or good shit as mandy would say
hmmm hadn't seen these comments until now... hanna yes the needles are huge, hey? 10mm!!! and very FAT wool, so it goes really quickly. the stuff i got today at galeries lafayette is extremely thin mohair and 4.5mm needles, plus i am knitting a lace scarf so definiteky a different league... see how it goes/how long it takes before i give up ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home